Yin had planned it all and together, they climbed up some mountains in Nepal!
We flew into Kathmandu and after an overnight of noise and dust, got into the mountainous city of Pokhara.
A 4 day trek was the highlight of our Nepal holiday:
- Highlight 1 – My idea of fitness was put to shame and how
- Highlight 2 – The locals could go to any ‘heights’ to please palates of trekking tourists
- Highlight 3 – We were possibly the only Indian trekkers in those 4 days
- Highlight 4 – An obvious highlight but to re-emphasize, the snow covered mountains were breathtaking (in more ways than one).
- Highlight 5 – With a disciplined eating schedule (no snacking, none at all) and great deal of physical exertion, my body got into a wonderful detox & purge mode. And for the best interest of you, dear reader, we shall not delve into that any further.
Our schedule went thus:
- Day 0 & 1 – Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Day 2 – Nayapul to Ulleri via Tikhegundha
- Day 3 – Ghorepani and Poonhill
- Day 4 – Tadapani
- Day 5 – Downhill to Ghandruk
- Day 6 & 7 – Pokhara & Kathmandu
Detailed account coming soon; some pics of the beautiful country below.
Billboard at airport
Rhododendrons, national flower of Nepal
Buddhist flags along the way
Passing village, Nepali children
One of the (many) handsome looking canines! Not particularly happy, is he?
Mantra: Drink Everest to climb Everest